Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Potential Summer Blog/ My First Post!

I was geniunely disappointed when I discovered the lack of summer AP English homework. I had looked forward to writing essays, answering questions, and analyzing literature in preparation for the class next year. The homework, however, is limited to reading two books, A Tree Grows in Brooklyn and Into the Wild. No summaries, notes, or essays are required. In the wake of this blow, I thought I'd look into creating some type of weekly online blog (hopefully on Facebook, which most of my friends and family use) so that I could practice my writing over the summer. I'm still debating this, as I have a long list of books that I plan on reading, and I want to start studying for the SAT this summer. I also quite enjoy sleeping :-) Since I'm new to "blogging," the question remains in my mind: what exactly is the purpose of a blog?

In pursuit of the answer, I looked up "blog" in the dictionary, and my results are as follows:
n. A weblog.intr.v. blogged, blog·ging, blogs
To write entries in, add material to, or maintain a weblog.[(we)blog.]blog·ger n.

Perhaps it is unusual for a blogger to ask questions of her readers, but in the spirit of individuality I will anyways. Should I start a weekly summer blog?

6 comments:

  1. Welcome to the blogosphere! I'm looking forward to reading your posts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks :-) Hopefully they're worth reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. most definately start a blog, you are a very interesting and intriguing young writer. Keep up the fascination with books it will never be a waste of time.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! I appreciate your compliments. Hopefully my posts will do the books justice :-)
    Great to meet a fellow bibliophile!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Penny passed my your blog... Write all you can, it appears you have a passion and a talent:-) I look forward to reading your blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you as well! I definitely have a passion for reading and writing. I appreciate the encouragement! I hope you enjoy my blog posts :-)

    ReplyDelete